Wednesday, February 13, 2008

B-b-back to the Future!


This whole week I have been dreading everything that has to do with my future. Whether it's my lack of internships, my questionable summer job, my desire to not be a resident assistant in the dorms and therefore destroy my future at Ithaca College because of a lack of a payment plan, or just my stupid car troubles, it all adds up. I freak out when I think about the future. But one little website takes my sorrows away (even for a short while) and makes me feel as though I DO have a possibly bright future! This website is the Westminster Kennel Club's Dog Show, specifically, the Samoyed breed.
Just kidding. But they are the most adorable dogs on the planet, right?

Careerbuilder lets you build a profile depending on the type of job you are seeking, where you want to find the job and what your skills are. I entered information for my chosen field and set it for information in and around the Denver, CO area since that is where I want to live after I graduate, and voila! Instant results. There are a couple downsides though. First, the entry level jobs that appear are jobs that I feel anybody with a high-school diploma could get. It's been my experience that to get the really good jobs, ya gotta know somebody. Another downside is that there is some spam/junk. I'm not the only one who knows how annoying the spam is. Bloggers Chuck Huckaby and Dane Carlson note this as well.

And the picture of Dwight Schrute? Oh you know, just one of my idols.

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

1 post for 2 weeks - 5 points

and hey - no westminster dog show jokes - i love the dog show (ha ha)